Sunshine Kids Fundraiser – “Score For More”
Rice Student / Athletes Driphus Jackson, Connor Cella, Dani Spriggs (Soccer) are leading the efforts for “Score For More”
A fundraiser to help benefit The Sunshine Kids and their annual holiday party.
100% of the proceeds will go primarily toward the gift shop that is set up each year for the kids.
The goal is to donate a ($1) dollar per touchdown scored by the Rice University Football Team, but any donation is appreciated.
As of 10/23/2014 the Rice Owls now have 23 touchdowns on the season
For more information contact: Driphus Jackson – Dj4@rice.edu
RICE STRONG T-SHIRTS FOR SALE
Rice Strong T-shirts will be for sale home tailgates for $20. Sizes small -3XL -men’s and women’s cuts.
For other styles and sizes, they can still order from Bamboa Sports. Contact Brent Marquardt directly at brent@Bamboa.net or 405-573-3256 for special orders and reduced prices.
Because ‘We Give A Hoot’
All of the ‘We Give A Hoot’ projects are being developed to enhance the game day experience for your son and our team. Parent commitment, support, and involvement will make a huge difference. Each year ‘We Give A Hoot’ improves as more parents join in the fun. We have had a phenomenal response by the families of the current roster this past spring. We are all looking forward to personally greeting you, and sharing these special game day experiences with you, during the upcoming season. If you would like to get involved and make a commitment, please send your check to:
“We Give A Hoot” 1200 Barton Creek Blvd. #11 Austin, TX 78735
Stay tuned, as we are brainstorming now for more new and exciting projects to help keep our young men “Rice Strong”! The more we raise, the more projects we will be able to complete. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have.
Thank you for giving a HOOT! We are excited to welcome all of you into the ‘nest’…
The Leadership group for the 2014 would like to thank the following who have contributed so far this year. Please help us keep growing by adding your name to the contributors as of October 14th.
Wright (family of Brady)
Wright (family of Zach)
In an effort to support the Owl players, coaches, and fans, an organization has been established called ‘We Give A Hoot’. The objective of the group is to make a positive difference and enhance the game day experience for the team, student body, and fans.
The following are just a few projects that have been completed over the past two seasons. We really do …’We Give A Hoot’ (WGAH) :
- Attacking Owl Inflatable with smoke machine for team run-outs
- New yard signs and flags
- Transportation from hotel to stadium and the Owl walk with our drum line
- Rice Football & ‘We Give A Hoot’ apparel & merchandise offerings for Rice family and friends, not available in retail stores
- T-shirt launchers to use during appropriate time outs by cheer team
- Locker room make-over
- A portable shoe dryer, that can handle 48 pairs of shoes
- Website updates @ www.wegiveahoot.net
- Supported the total revamping of tailgating features, to significantly enhance the game day experience, including WGAH Tailgate Canopies, and rental of tables and chairs
- And last, but not least, awesome tailgate food!
Our Goals for this year:
For the Weight Room:
- 1 and 2 man wooden conditioning sleds (qty. 15)
- 2-inch flat lifting bars (qty. 16)
- 20 kilo bumper plates (qty. 65)
- Stretch straps (qty. 50)
For the Locker Room:
- One year of paid cable
- An additional portable shoe dryer, that can handle 48 pairs of shoes
As you can see, these all have a financial cost. But together, we can make a major impact on the game day experience!
‘We Give A Hoot’ is intended for parents and family of players. It is our hope that this organization can serve to make a difference for your son and his team, with new priorities each season, year after year.
We are asking for the following:
1. Please respond and commit to one of the following funding levels, if at all possible –
$75 • $150 • $300 • $500 or more. Reply to Susan Reue @ email@example.com. The amount is really up to what your family is comfortable with contributing. We have received amounts ranging from $50 to a few thousand dollars.
2. Please consider volunteering for one of the many opportunities that we will need to fill as the season draws closer.