In an effort to support the Owl players, coaches, and fans, an organization has been established called ‘We Give A Hoot’. The objective of the group is to make a positive difference and enhance the game day experience for the team, student body, and fans.
The following are just a few projects that have been completed over the past two seasons. We really do …’We Give A Hoot’ (WGAH) :
- Attacking Owl Inflatable with smoke machine for team run-outs
- New yard signs and flags
- Transportation from hotel to stadium and the Owl walk with our drum line
- Rice Football & ‘We Give A Hoot’ apparel & merchandise offerings for Rice family and friends, not available in retail stores
- T-shirt launchers to use during appropriate time outs by cheer team
- Locker room make-over
- A portable shoe dryer, that can handle 48 pairs of shoes
- Website updates @ www.wegiveahoot.net
- Supported the total revamping of tailgating features, to significantly enhance the game day experience, including WGAH Tailgate Canopies, and rental of tables and chairs
- And last, but not least, awesome tailgate food!
Our Goals for this year:
For the Weight Room:
- 1 and 2 man wooden conditioning sleds (qty. 15)
- 2-inch flat lifting bars (qty. 16)
- 20 kilo bumper plates (qty. 65)
- Stretch straps (qty. 50)
For the Locker Room:
- One year of paid cable
- An additional portable shoe dryer, that can handle 48 pairs of shoes
As you can see, these all have a financial cost. But together, we can make a major impact on the game day experience!
‘We Give A Hoot’ is intended for parents and family of players. It is our hope that this organization can serve to make a difference for your son and his team, with new priorities each season, year after year.
We are asking for the following:
1. Please respond and commit to one of the following funding levels, if at all possible –
$75 • $150 • $300 • $500 or more. Reply to Susan Reue @ firstname.lastname@example.org. The amount is really up to what your family is comfortable with contributing. We have received amounts ranging from $50 to a few thousand dollars.
2. Please consider volunteering for one of the many opportunities that we will need to fill as the season draws closer.